Cairns Festival Ready to Deliver Another Weekend of Spectacular Delights
Cairns, QLD, Australia – (News4us.com) August 24, 2012
Northern Queensland’s leading media contact Pip Miller Pr, reports that the recently launched Cairns Festival is on course to providing locals and tourists with another spectacular weekend of festival activities.
With public attendances hitting all time highs, the second weekend of exciting activities draws closer.
More free and ticketed events showcasing the cities ever growing cultural and diverse entertainment qualities are being dished up.
Cairns Regional Council Mayor Bob Manning said that “while this year’s Festival weekends had a strong focus on family activities, there was plenty of scope for everyone.”
“We have counted almost 30 individual events to get your teeth into this weekend, most of which are free to enjoy,” Cr Manning said.
“My advice is to grab a program and a pen and plan your Festival outing – that way you can be assured of not missing a thing, especially those acts visiting town this weekend for just one or two shows.”
For those thinking of visiting the Cairn’s festival this week, provided is the following itinerary of events and times.
A Taste of What’s Coming Up This Weekend
Friday, 24 August 2012
- Cairns Creative Crawl aboard a double decker bus 5.30pm – 10pm
- Mia Dyson and Lanie Lane at Tanks Arts Centre 7pm
- Roving Entertainment at The Village 10am -2pm and 5pm – 7.30pm
- Freakishly Superb at The Village 6-9.30pm
- The opening of The Castello, mini-castle tent full of quirky acts at The Village 6pm – 10.45pm
- Sub 150 Opening Party – Affordable Art Show, 6pm, C.1907, City Place.
- The Parlour at Vibe Bar and Lounge 7pm-9pm
- Hamburg Philharmonic Orchestra at Fogarty Park 7.30pm
- Mixed Grill’d at Arthouse featuring live graffiti art battle TVL vs CNS 8pm
- Rocky Horror Picture Show at City Place 8pm
- JUTE National Playwrights Conference at Centre of Contemporary Arts (24-26 August)
Saturday, 25 August 2012
- Local Art Markets at Cairns Esplanade 8am -4pm
- Children’s Village at The Village 10am – 4pm, Roving Entertainment 10am – 9.30pm, Music from 10am, cabaret, beat box, hip-hop workshops, Ozi Chalk Art and more
- Family Fun Day at Cairns Regional Gallery 10am – 5pm
- The Parlour at Vibe Bar and Lounge 10am – 1pm Exhibition only
- Cairns Underwater Film Festival at Civic Theatre 7pm
- Festival Folk and Roots at Arthouse 7pm
- Cairns Chamber Ensemble and Cairns Concert Orchestra – Double Feature 7.30pm – 9.45pm
Sunday, 26 August 2012
- Children’s Village at The Village 10am – 4pm, Roving Entertainment 10am – 9.30pm, local music, Steel Pan Workshops, and more
- Cairns Tropical Pride Fair Day at Tanks Arts Centre 10am – 6pm
- Song and Story at The Village featuring Fleur McMenamin, Jeremiah Johnson, Louarde Thomas and Roz Pappalardo 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- Movies that Matter ‘Bag It’ at City Place 7pm
- LUSH Cabaret – Queer As – at Civic Theatre 9pm – midnight
About Cairns Festival
Cairns Festival runs from August 17 to September 2, 2012.
Cairns Festival is supported and presented by Cairns Regional Council with generous support from event partners and sponsors. For more information, www.cairnsfest.com.au
Short URL: http://www.news4us.com/?p=15715