Defog It Antifog Joins the National Shooting Sports Foundation and the International Hunter Education Association to Remind Hunters to Protect Their Vision
Valley View, Ohio (News4us.com) January 17, 2011
Hunting safety relies on more than orange vests and keeping the gun’s “safety” on. As hunting season gets into full swing, Defog It antifog joins the National Shooting Sports Foundation and The International Hunter Education Association in reminding hunters to protect their vision.
Here are five tips for every hunter on every outing:
1. Always wear shooting glasses. They offer the best protection from hazards like unburned powder flecks, bits of flying rock or wood debris, and scratches from brush on the trail.
2. Choose wrap-around shooting glasses with shatter resistant lenses. Check for the ANSI rating to be sure they meet the guidelines for safety.
3. Look for styles with UV protection, a real benefit for hunting in bright light.
4. Choose color lenses to help increase contrast and improve clarity. Some frames come with changeable lenses for different conditions.
5. Carry an antifog spray or cloth in your pocket or gear bag. Changing temperatures and the exertion of the hunt can cause shooting glasses or the prescription eyewear underneath them to fog up. When you fire a gun while eyewear is fogged, you’re putting other hunters at risk.
“For hunters, fog-free vision is a critical safety issue,” says John Swett, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Nanofilm, maker of Defog It antifog. “Proven by the military, Defog It antifog is the fog-busting solution hunters can trust.”
Defog It antifog recently received the Seal of Approval from the 760,000-member North American Hunting Club. Club members tested the anti-fog for shooting glasses, eyeglasses and sunglasses, rating it for performance, ease of use, convenience and other criteria.
William Welling: “These wipes work! Use them on your glasses or binoculars and forget about condensation.”
Adam Kinney: “This product works great. I’ve put it on my sunglasses and shooting goggles that always used to fog up and now they don’t — not even on a foggy river.”
Dana Gamble: “I used Clarity Defog It Dry Towelettes for two weeks while working in near 100% humidity at my deer lease. The fogging of my glasses has always been a problem at such times. Using the Clarity Defog It Dry Towelettes kept my glasses clear.”
First used by the military worldwide, Defog It is the proven safety choice in the toughest environments where heat, cold, humidity and exertion cause fogged eyewear. The product is safe and effective on shooting glasses, eyeglasses, sunglasses, goggles and faceshields and all optics.
Lab tests confirm the antifog’s high performance. In one test, a lens treated with Defog It was held over constant hot steam for 60 minutes without fog forming. Similar products failed in as little as 5 minutes. In another test, lenses coated with Clarity Defog It were moved between cold and hot environments 100 times without fog forming.
Defog It is available as a liquid or reusable cloths. More information, pricing and performance videos are available at http://www.defogitworks.com or by calling 1-888-ENDS-FOG.
Nanofilm, founded in 1985, is the maker of Clarity Defog It and a global optical leader in lens care and coatings. Millions of people around the world use Nanofilm products, including Clarity Clean It™, Clarity Defog It™ and other lens care products, as well as nanotechnology-enabled coatings.
Short URL: http://www.news4us.com/?p=5285